13 September 2011

Sushi Brothers - New Orleans, LA


1612 Saint Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130
Sushi Brothers on St. Charles is super delicious.  It has even been suggested that if I didn't have such an extreme emotional connection to Shogun, this might be my new favorite.  I'll let that thought marinate.

We started off, as we always do, with 2 bowls of Miso soup.  I only make note of this because the Miso was quite unlike any I've had before.  It was creamy and wonderful.  And the portion was about triple the normal portion size we usually see for soups.

We ordered:
  • Cruncy Roll
  • Yami Yami Eel Roll
  • Special Brothers Roll
  • Calamari Crunch Roll
  • Bye Bye Katrina Roll
We normally order more than that, but the waiter advised against it, rightfully so.  The rolls were large and wonderful.  Even the Crunchy Roll was overstuffed with goodness.  The calamari was unlike any sushi I've ever had.  I was expecting fried calamari, but instead it was steamed, giving the roll a very interesting texture.  I would go back to Sushi Bros in a heartbeat.  I have no complaints whatsoever.

All I'm left wondering is WHY would anyone go to Miyako or Hoshun for sushi when Sushi Brothers is right across the street?!

No comments:

Post a Comment